As we approach the most important weeks in the year for the retail industry, the Toy Retailers Association has released a list of the top twelve Christmas toys expected to be flying off the shelves this year.
Topping the list is a plastic dog that poops plasticine. Alan Simpson, from the TRA, commentated: "Kids like poo, but it's yellow, so it's OK. It's not a normal game, it's wacky." Hmmmm...
The list also includes some less-wacky old favourites like Fireman Sam, Elmo and even Star Wars.
But there's a strong emphasise on hi-tech products, with interactive cuddly toys, digital cameras and two computer tablets all making the top twelve.
The full list is:
- Doggie Doo, John Adams, RRP £22.99
- Fijit Friends, Mattel, RRP £54.99
- Fireman Sam Pontypandy Rescue Set, Character, RRP £29.99
- Kidizoom Twist, VTech, RRP £49.99
- LeapPad Explorer, Leapfrog Toys, RRP £79.99
- Lets Rock Elmo, Hasbro, RRP £69.99
- Milky the Bunny, Flair, RRP £59.99
- Monster High Lagoona's Hydration Station, Mattel, RRP £39.99
- Moshling Tree House, Vivid, RRP £18.99
- Nerf Vortex Nitron Blaster, Hasbro, RRP £44.99
- Ninjago Fire Temple, Lego, RRP £91.99
- Star Wars Ultimate Force Tech Lightsaber Assortment, Hasbro, RRP £39.99