Make delicious Christmas chocolates
There is no better gift to give to family or friends than something you really put your heart into. Everyone loves chocolates and a batch of homemade chocolates cannot be beaten. We have put together a list of great recipes your should try out this year.
- Cube 45g of unsalted butter and break up a bar of 250g quality dark chocolate.
- Stick them in a bowl and melt them over a pot of boiling water.
- Add a teaspoon of glucose and about 80-90ml of thickened cream and mix it until its silky.
- From here add whatever you want, maybe some booze, a splash whiskey or brandy never goes amiss.
- Maybe you want to add some chocolate pieces or dried fruit, the choice is yours.
- Let it cool down and when it is ready just start shaping your truffles.
- Take a teaspoon of the mix and roll it in your hand.
- Place some icing sugar or coco powder in a plate and roll the truffles in it. This will give you that perfect finish.
- Bring 1kg of sugar, 350g of butter and 200ml or so of evaporated milk to the boil in a pan. Be sure to keep stirring the mix as it heats.
- When you reach boiling take it straight off the heat and add things like marshmallow, chocolate chips and maybe nuts if you are a fan.
- Mix this all in well to ensure that there are pieces throughout the mix.
- Pour it into a lightly buttered pan to stop it sticking.
- When the mix has cooled fully it should be easy to cut.
- Slice it into decent squares and there you have it, a cracking Christmas fudge recipe.
Two simple recipes that take no longer than 15 minutes to do. Give them a shot this year and surprise yourself with the results.